Sunday, October 14, 2012

love your tree!!!

my dietitian shared this video with me last week. i absolutely love it.


it is so true! when i am observing God's creations in nature, i never think "well, gee, this rock looks pretty good.. but THIS one is a bit shabby.. needs improvement." when i look around at the beautiful earth surrounding me, i have an overwhelming sense that everything is exactly the way the Lord meant for it to me. 
so why, when i look in the mirror are my thoughts any different? am i not another of God's important and beautiful creations? because my sweater is less trendy than another woman or my thighs are a bit larger than another's, does it make me worth any less than them? 
NO
so, mental note to self... stop criticizing and start admiring. yes, that includes my own reflection. in sister uchtdorf's words..."it's not a race, it's a journey. enjoy the moment." that includes enjoying myself. 

challenge this month: LOVE YOUR TREE!!!
(this is the perfect month for that.. all the trees are pretty colors and changing.. love it)



2 comments:

  1. Jenni, I think you are a beautiful tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of life's greatest lessons to learn - Love of Self. If the God of the Universe loves us, why do we listen to this little tiny world that tells us we shouldn't?!? Get your tree on!

    ReplyDelete